We are proud to announce the addition of
Brad Hatton, P.Eng to our engineering team.
Brad brings a wealth of knowledge within the plant and API rotating world as well as invaluable site and field experience. Brad’s knowledge will be combined with our existing execution methodology and pure engineering resources to bring a sound, time tested approach to machinery health. He is well known in the rotating world as one of Shell Scotford’s principle machinery engineers. His distinct knowledge on API 610, and 618 pump and compression machinery adds strong value and legacy to our team.
Brad Hatton P.Eng.| Rotating Equipment Senior Specialist
- B.A.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Waterloo
- 35 years of Petrochemical plant experience with Shell Canada
- Experience with conventional and synthetic crude Refineries, Sour Gas Plants, Water Flood Facilities, Solvent Injection Facilities, Tank Farm Facilities, and the Construction and Commissioning of a Heavy Oil Upgrader in the Machinery Discipline.
- Experience with small, medium and large project work, maintenance and operations interface, surveillance of equipment and troubleshooting, with heavy involvement in maintenance outages and turnarounds
- Staff Machinery Engineer the last 17 years at a Synthetic Crude Refinery
Blackstone has made investments in its staff and strategic partnerships for strong engineering expertise, We offer full encompassing asset management for all API rotating equipment.
Our services complement and support our highly skilled field expertise which translates to real value for our customers, from the tools to the bottom line. Engineering services offered include:
- Failure analysis, RCA & FEA
- Acoustic pulsation, vibration & torsional analysis
- Thermodynamic & mechanical study
- Proactive Maintenance planning & health-care packages
- Feasibility of operation & modelling
- Retrofit, Revamping, Rehabilitation & general Modernization design
- Machine Design & optimization
- Technical Advisory & Field Service Engineering
Please contact your Blackstone Sales Representative for more information on how we can support any of your rotating equipment engineering needs.